Spanish Christmas recipes | Áurea Inmobiliaria – Real Estate Agency in Los Alcazares
Spanish Cristmas Recipes
Today we bring you a couple of Spanish Christmas recipes, now that there are only a few days left until this time of year begins and we are going to say goodbye to a 2020 so difficult for everyone. We encourage you to try this Spanish Christmas Recipes, since they are very easy and very tasty, and they cannot be absent at this time of year. If you try them, send us your photos of your Spanish Christmas Recipes, which will make us very excited.
“Cordiales” Recipe (typical sweets at Christmas in Cartagena, Murcia)
– 1 kg. Raw ground almonds
– ½ kg. Sugar
– 6 eggs
– 260 grs. “Angel hair” ( cooked pumpkin pulp and sugar)
– Zest of a large lemon
– Ground cinnamon
– 1 pinch salt
– 80/85 round muffin baker papers
- In a large bowl we put all the ingredients together (except the muffin baker papers) and mix for a couple of minutes. For this we can use our own hands, so that a homogeneous mixture remains. Once mixed, we reserve in the fridge for about an hour, so that all the flavors mix well.
- Meanwhile, we can prepare the muffin baker papers distributed on the baking tray.
- With the help of a spoon and our hands we will take portions of the mixture with which we will make a ball, deforming them so that they end up with the rounded tip, like a cone, and we will put them on each baker paper. Once the tray is complete, let it rest for a few minutes while the oven is preheated to 180º.
- We put the tray in the middle of the oven with heat up and down and with the grill on. Let it bake for 13/14 minutes, making sure that the tips do not burn. If necessary, we turn off the grill when it has done its function.
- When that time has passed, cordiales should be toasted on the outside and soft on the inside. We take out the tray and sprinkle icing sugar on top. To do this, you can help yourself with a strainer. As the almond cools, it will harden, so it will be crispy on the outside and spongy on the inside.
- As we will have excess dough, we repeat all the steps from step 2. It is essential to make them individually, from tray to tray, so that the grill acts on each piece.
- They are eaten cold and they can last us all Christmas, if we don’t eat them in one go 😉
Roscón de Reyes Recipe
– 650 gr of strong flour
– 250 ml of warm milk
– 25 gr of fresh yeast
– 120 gr of sugar
– 120 melted butter
– 2 eggs and 1 yolk
– 10 g of salt
– 2 and ½ tablespoons of orange blossom water
– Grated of a large lemon and an orange
– Candied fruits to taste
– Beaten egg
– An orange
- Mix a little of the warm milk with 2 or 3 tablespoons of the flour. Add the crumbled fresh yeast and stir. Cover and leave to ferment for 15/20 minutes in a warm place.
- Once the dough has fermented, in a large bowl add the rest of the flour and gradually add the rest of the ingredients: sugar, grated, salt, milk, 2 eggs, sugar, the dough that we prepared at the beginning, the orange blossom water and finally the melted butter. We stir until there is a homogeneous dough.
- Flour a smooth surface and knead the dough for several minutes with our hands. If necessary, we add a little more flour to be able to work the dough well. We are shaping it into a ball, and, once well kneaded, we store it in an airtight container or covered with two went cloths for 2 hours in a warm place without drafts.
- After 2 hours, the dough will have doubled in size. We take it out and knead it on a floured surface again and little by little we are shaping our “roscón”. We can make two “roscones” with the dough, so we separate and knead each of them, shaping it and making the hole with our fingers. The hole will get smaller when baking, so we must make it large. Once with the form we let them rest for an hour well covered and in a warm place.
- Finally, we can paint our “roscones” with the beaten egg and decorate them with candied fruit, candied orange, rolled almonds, icing sugar … Once decorated, it is time to put it in the oven, which will have preheated to 180º, for 20 minutes. After this time, we take them out, let them cool and if we like, we can cut them in 2 halfs and fill them with cream, truffle or any other filling that we like.